Monday, May 30, 2011

Conquered: Jeans




I've attempted jeans before and although they have all been wearable, there were always definite flaws. The waistband was funky, the stitching was crooked, the shape wasn't quite right, whatever it was they weren't close to being like store-bought jeans in my eyes.  

But, this last weekend, procrastinating studying for my impending finals, I decided to give jeans another go. Lately, I've been obsessed with the 70s revival that seems to be occurring this summer, from flatforms to bell bottoms I love it!  So naturally I made a pair of flairs, I used an existing pair of jeans as a guide and added width to the bottom for the bell.  

I'm thrilled with the outcome as this is by far the closest I've come to store-bought-like-homemade-jeans. The key was taking my time when drafting the pattern and having the background knowledge of past faux pas.  





1 comment:

  1. Allison I am impressed, they look fabulous..

    ReplyDelete