Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ball Jars



Although I like to think of myself as reasonable, sometimes I buy things that are not particularly necessary or even practical.  Last summer, the beginning of my Pyrex obsession would be an example, as I couldn't pass up ANY Pyrex, it was scary.  But, another spree of unpractical purchases surrounded Ball mason jars.  I couldn't resist their vintage style, and clearly they are perfect for dry food storage.  However, I am in college, moving glass items is not ideal, in fact quite annoying.  So, to once again convince myself (and my mother) that the collection of jars I've accumulated are worth moving around I decided to gather a few clever uses for mason jars, see them after the jump. Click images for sources.



1.
The perfect vase

2.
A simple lighting option

3.
A soap dispenser, such a simple and practical idea, here's the tutorial.


4.
Perfect for a summer barbecue or picnic.
5.
Great for storing craft supplies, I love the string dispenser idea!

And now the packing begins...


No comments:

Post a Comment