Sunday, June 12, 2011

Waffle Window



Summer has officially started, I've moved home to my beloved Portland and already got to visit one of my favorite spots this weekend: Waffle Window.  Many high school classes were skipped to visit this delicious establishment and I miss it quite a bit while I'm at college.  The waffles are coated in pearl sugar which give them a crunchy sweet quality, and although they are very good on their own, the main draw to the window are the elaborate creations such as the chocolate dipped waffle ice cream sandwich pictured, likely my favorite.  But other waffles include the Three B's (bacon, brie and basil), Nutella and fresh banana, and seasonal fruit concoctions such as apple pie in the fall and a variety of berry creations in the summer, all stacked high to flavorful perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment